Zadar is a town with the most amazing location in northern Dalmatia. It is surrounded by several national parks and many natural beauties like Paklenica and Vrana lake in its hinterland, Telascica, and the Kornati in front of it. National parks Krka, Velebit, and the famous Plitvice lakes are not so far from Zadar as well. Zadar is home to many various hotels, resorts, and private apartments..
The city of Zadar is a city of exceptional history and rich cultural heritage, a city of tourism. Zadar is a city - monument, surrounded by historical ramparts, a treasury of the archaeological and monumental wealth of ancient and medieval times, Renaissance, and many contemporary architectural achievements such as the first Sea Organ in the world.
· Rich historic and cultural heritage
· Sandy beaches
· First Sea Organ in the World, Greeting to the Sun installation seaside located
· The starting point to many close trip destinations – the islands and National Parks
· Even Alfred Hitchcock claimed that “Zadar has the most beautiful sunset in the world”. It is a stunning sight, and there’s almost a no better way to spend an early evening in the town
1. Zaton holiday resort - The most popular tourist resort in Zadar is divided into a three-star resort and a four-star resort, plus the mobile homes. All accommodation units are located close to the sea and are a perfect place to stay for families with children. The resort has a beautiful set of outdoor pools, and as a meal plan, the half-board service is available.
2. Falkensteiner Family hotel Diadora - One of the most popular family hotels in the destination and its surroundings. Hotel Diadora offers plenty of spacious family rooms that can accommodate 4-5 people. Full board is available as a meal plan. The hotel has a set of outdoor pools, a wellness area, and many additional facilities perfect for families.
3. Hotel Donat - All-inclusive hotel Donat is a great choice for everybody who loves enjoying their holidays for a budget-friendly price. The hotel has a great location only 80 meters from the sea, surrounded by lots of green areas. It offers comfortable air-conditioned rooms are accompanied by the outdoor pool.
4. Hotel Kolovare - The popular Hotel Kolovare is located in front of one of the most famous pebble beaches in Zadar which Is ideal for families with children. The hotel also has an outdoor pool with a children’s section. Half-board and full-board services are available for meals. The hotel has comfortable standard and superior rooms for up to 3 people.
5. Falkensteiner hotel&spa Iadera - The title of the best hotel in the area definitely goes to the gorgeous hotel Iadera. Luxury well-equipped rooms, an amazing wellness area, several outdoor pools, tasty food, and a superb location next to the beach make it what it is, the best of the best in the Zadar area. We highly recommend this hotel which was built to fulfill the expectations of the most demanding guests.
Tourism in Zadar:
The most popular resorts in the Zadar area are Tourist resort Zaton , Tourist resort Zaton, and Mobile homes Zaton. The great location close to the sea with lots of green areas as well modern rooms are just some of the attributes of Falkensteiner Hotel Adriana. Hotel Porto is often visited by those who stay in Zadar only for a little while. In nearby town Petrcane, you will find the super popular hotel Pinija . Those who want to spend their holidays in the tranquility of a private apartment should definitely browse through No Name apartments in the Zadar area.
History and culture of Zadar:
The Zadar region has a truly amazing geographical position, located in the center of the East Adriatic and surrounded by stunning nature of great variety. Zadar, a city of thousand years long history is a real treasure of opulent cultural heritage.
The Episcopal complex of Zadar includes the Roman Forum, the Cathedral of St. Anastasia, the Archbishop’s Palace, the Church of St. Donatus, the Zmajević Seminary, the Orthodox Church of St. Elias, the Benedictine Nunnery and several other buildings. For some golden moments, visit the permanent Exhibition of Church Art – the Gold and Silver of Zadar!
Rector's Palace – built in the 13th century, unites a museum space, its temporary exhibition halls, a video gallery, concert, and multimedia halls - all in different styles reflecting the rich history it holds.
City Walls of Zadar – „The Bedemi“ – with impressive City Gate, listed as UNESCO World Heritage
Five Wells Square - located on a site between the medieval City Walls and the Renaissance Grimani Bastion. It features five lined-up wells built during the Turkish siege in the 16th century as a part of the defense system.
Events & Amusement
Kalelarga Street (Broad Street) - the main urban pedestrian artery, a cult space and the symbol of the city to which the most beautiful songs are dedicated to
Museum of Ancient Glass - a contemporary and a unique cultural institution in the world, and it has a specialized archeological collection of more than 5.000 glass objects from the period of Antiquity from the first century B.C. to the 5th century A.D. in its possession. It has a permanent display and an attractive glassmaking workshop in which by manual blowing technique replicas of ancient glass are made.
Concerts, Performances & Festivals - Enjoy musical evenings in the Saint Donatus Church, Kalelarga Street Art Festival, Zadar Jazz & Blue Festival
Active Holidays – biking, water sports, hiking, trekking...